Welcome to the site of Paul Weeren, music lessons! Were you dreaming about learning to play an instrument like the piano or harpsichord? Or do you already play and want to have a new perspective on your playing? Or did you play in the past and do you want to take up playing again? Then my lessons may be what you are looking for.
In my studio I work with students ranging from 5 years old to 85 years old. Of course, pupils older than 85 are also welcome, younger can be difficult.
The lessons are being taught by an experienced and fully qualified teacher for three instruments: piano, recorder, harpsichord. What are the advantages of this?
- A thorough knowledge of the instrument and its possibilities
- A thorough knowledge of the technique
- A thorough and up to date knowledge of musical processes and learning processes
- As a member of The curious piano teachers ©, there is a constant learning and improving of my own skills as a teacher
- A thorough knowledge of historical performance practice, both on harpsichord and fortepiano
- A possibility for piano students in this studio to participate in EPTA Piano Exams, these are also available in English
- A possibility for all students to participate in the International Grade system of the ABRSM
Paul Weeren played concerts in Europe (Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, France, England, Schotland, Poland and the USA), both as a solist and as a member of various ensembles. As a harpsichordist he played continuo with amongst others Frans Brüggen and Jos van Veldhoven. He teaches at all levels, beginners to (future) professional musicians.
Paul Weeren is a specialist on healthy piano technique. He studied thoroughly with specialists in the field, including Alexander Technique, Feldenkrais, the work of Penelope Roskell and as a student of Peter Feuchtwanger. For the mental part he studied NLP and Emotion Focussed Therapy. When in doubt about your technique, you can book a consultation. This can be live or online.
If you want to know more, please contact me for more information. We can make an appointment to meet each other and talk about what you are looking for.
Watch here a conversation I had with Penelope Roskell about healthy piano playing, her book and piano practice in general: